Instructor: Liz Fortney & Alan Holben
When: September 21st – November 2nd (6-Week Session, NO CLASS October 26th)
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm (the timing of Field Days will vary and be determined during the first session)
Led by two esteemed, local photographers, this six week course in digital photography is meant for beginners and those interested in improving their skills. With a mix of in-studio classes and time in the field, it will be a fun opportunity to learn and explore!
All students will need to have their own digital camera to use in the course.
- Session 1: Camera – This session will cover settings and how to use various settings to impact your final photograph.
- Session 2: Color and Composition – This session will cover how to use color and composition to make your photographs more visually appealing.
- Session 3: Field Day – We will spend the class time photographing outside, on location
- Session 4: Review and Critique of photographs taken in Session three. Each student will present a photo (printed or downloaded to a laptop) to the group for discussion. We will also discuss how post-processing can be used to improve the final results
- Session 5: Field Day – We will spend the class time photographing outside, on location.
- Session 6: Review and Critique of photographs taken in Session five. Summary and wrap up.
*Please note that this class is limited to ten students